Hope Veterinary Specialists is seeking a full-time board certified or board eligible Ophthalmologist in Malvern, PA
Hope Veterinary Specialists is seeking a full-time board certified or board eligible Ophthalmologist to join our growing practice. Our hospital has a robust existing ophthalmology caseload and is continuing to rapidly expand. We will soon begin renovations to include a brand new, state of the art ophthalmology examination and treatment area (suite) as well as a surgical suite. The candidate selected will work with the hospital to equip the new ophthalmology suite to their desired standards and specifications and will have the ability to evaluate the current ophthalmology equipment. A partial list of our current equipment is presented here:
Slit lamp biomicroscopy
Alcon Infiniti phacoemulsification
Wild Heerbrugg operating microscope
Heine magnifying loupes
Our ideal candidate will possess the qualities that allow him or her to provide excellent clinical care while working closely with our technical staff to elevate their level of knowledge and skills. Our practice is comprised of small animal board-certified specialists in nearly every division of veterinary medicine (anesthesiology and pain management, acupuncture, cardiology, dermatology, dental and oral surgery, emergency and critical care medicine, internal medicine, neurology, oncology, radiology and diagnostic imaging, radiation oncology and surgery). The diverse caseload from both our emergency service and other internal departments affords a stimulating, fast-paced environment in addition to providing 24-hour coverage for hospitalized cases.
In addition to direct medical care, the successful candidate must be able to provide education for our technical staff to raise their level of patient care. The focus on education extends to our referring community as well. We are involved in continuing education opportunities locally, nationally and internationally and we would expect the candidate selected to take an active role.
As a veterinarian owned practice, Hope Veterinary Specialists is unique in the culture we have built. We pride ourselves in fostering a culture that is free of the corporate influence that is becoming more common in veterinary medicine. We value teamwork and a strong work ethic but strive to provide a work-life balance. We feel that a cohesive work environment fosters a healthy and strong community of doctors and support staff. We also believe in extending our culture through community outreach through the support of public events and charities in our area. Our 21,000 sq ft. practice includes a 16-slice CT, dedicated ICU, fluoroscopy, in-house laboratory (CBC/Chemistry/NOVA, PT/PTT), endoscopy, and digital radiology. On-site MRI, veterinary Cyberknife, and linear accelerator are located adjacent to our building and our minimally invasive surgery service launched during the summer of 2016.
Malvern and the surrounding communities represent the best of what the Philadelphia region has to offer. The Great Valley School system is ranked as one of the top in the state while the scenic and historic Pennsylvania countryside boasts open space, beautiful homes, and thriving neighborhoods. Malvern is located at the end of the “Main Line”, an affluent suburb of Philadelphia, the “City of Brotherly Love”. Philadelphia and our local community offer a wide variety of cultural activities, world-class restaurants and exciting nightlife.
Skills and Qualifications:
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM or VMD) from an AVMA accredited school, eligible to practice veterinary medicine in the state of Pennsylvania
· Preferably board-certified in Ophthalmology, but board-eligible will be considered
· Work with the hospital to equip the new ophthalmology suite.
· Days: Four days to be scheduled Monday through Friday
· Ability to effectively and actively educate our staff
· Active marketing of the hospital including referring veterinarian outreach, CE lectures, participation in hospital publications and newsletters
· Ability to effectively manage a diverse, complex, and fast-paced caseload
· Proficiency in teaching and hands-on learning necessitating the qualified individual be comfortable and excel in written, verbal, and non-verbal communication
· Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision coverage with no waiting period.
· Short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance with no waiting period.
· 401(k) with company match after 1 year (100% match on first 3% of salary contribution and 50% match on next 2% of salary contribution up to 5% of salary contribution).
· Generous continuing education allowance.
· One week of paid CE time.
· Generous vacation/sick leave package.
· Professional dues and uniform allowance.
· Maternity leave with full pay for 4 weeks.
· Financial relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.
Should you be interested in Hope Veterinary Specialists, you will not be disappointed as we have a vibrant, young, enthusiastic and growing practice with a wonderful culture of cooperation and comradery. Working here is not just a job but also a unique opportunity to challenge the status quo in veterinary medicine and develop every aspect of your potential to its limit. We believe in practicing both the science and the art of veterinary medicine in an environment that fosters out of the box thinking, collaboration, and communication amongst each other and the outside world and having fun while doing so.
For more information on the position, please contact Dr. Meghan Wood (MWood@HopeVS.com or Dr. Dennis Burkett (DBurkett@HopeVS.com) or call 610-296-2099.