VCA Canada Guardian Veterinary Hospital, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is seeking a full time, Board Certified Veterinary Ophthalmologist
VCA Canada Guardian Veterinary Hospital, located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is seeking a full time, Board Certified Veterinary Ophthalmologist to join our 24 hour, premium specialty and emergency animal hospital. We offer referral-based, board-certified specialty pet care in the disciplines of Internal Medicine, Ophthalmology, Surgery, Cardiology, and Critical Care with access to cutting edge diagnostic tools. We also provide 24/7 emergency care in a state-of-the-art, 20,000 square foot facility. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, team-oriented, veterinarian who exhibits strong leadership skills and exemplary customer service.
We are a well-equipped hospital ready to support our already thriving ophthalmology department, with equipment including Laser, Phacoemulsification, CT, Fluoroscopy, Endoscopy, and Ultrasound. Our Ophthalmology department already has an established client and patient base with a lot of room for continued growth and success.
We are looking for someone to carry out VCA Canada’s promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal. Our Ophthalmologist will educate and advocate for our clients and strive to deliver the highest quality medical and surgical diagnostics, treatment, and preventative care to companion animals.
Why VCA CANADA? VCA Canada is the largest network of companion animal hospitals, devoted to caring for life’s greatest companions by providing compassionate care for pets. Our team of over 2,500 people operate specialty-referral, primary care, alternative therapy and emergency hospitals and are committed to providing superior patient care and client experience. At our core are our people – people we think of as family. Our different strengths and interests enrich and improve us with diversity, innovation and excellence. In support we are national leaders in career development and growth opportunities, continuing education, scholarships and awards. We are also passionate about giving back to the community through Paw It Forward, our national philanthropic program.
As member of VCA Canada we can offer:
- Career growth opportunities to hold key leadership positions from Medical Director to Regional Director or Support Office.
- CE opportunities with access to annual VCA Canada conferences, seminars and CE allowance
- Networking, collaboration and knowledge exchange with other veterinarians within our practices
- Interactive learning through our soon to come in-house online university (Woof U!)
- Continued investments in new technologies, advanced diagnostics, and modern facilities
- A commitment to give back through initiatives such as Paw it Forward and Pet Pantry
- Active research studies for publication and industry growth
- Competitive wages, pet and veterinary discounts and group benefits (FT).
Join Us! Please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter or LinkedIn profile to: Shauna.Bearchell@vca.com
VCA is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance please let us know.